Saturday, February 16, 2013

A little update

Hello, it's so nice to write to you again. (:

Do you know the feeling when you completed an essay? Not just any essay, but a BM essay? Well, I do! And let me tell you, it feels great. No, it feels super duper great! It feels as if a super big rock has been removed from my shoulders. Oh, how amazing. But I shall not go on about being happy that I have completed my essay because I'm pretty sure I'm going to get more assignments of the same kind when school starts this Monday. 

The past week has been filled with food and food and more food. It's insane how a person can savour on the amount of food they serve during Chinese New Year. I have been forcing food down my oesophagus when I'm not even hungry. I feel guilty eating so much food when there are people in the world starving. Last week was filled with countless amount of laughter and little talks. I love the time I have spent talking to my younger cousins even if it's about the lamest thing in the world. And it was also this year that I've played more with my nieces and nephews. They finally know my name! You do not know how much that meant to me. :') Besides, meeting up and playing with my 3 American cousins is also one of the highlights of my week. They have grown so much physically but deep down inside, they are still the kids I met when I was in the States. They are still that playful and cheeky. They are still extremely adorable and I just can't wait to see them grow up and get married! (; One of them mistaken me as his aunt and called me 'Jen Yee Ah Yi' when I reached one of my uncle's house. Do I look that old? Or maybe he is just a little confused with what to address people. 

I slept over Debbie's house along with another two monkeys - Joy and Nicole. Sleepovers are the best, like seriously. Although this time round it wasn't all play only, we still had fun. We had an hour to complete whatever homework we haven complete but we took that one hour to have a little study discussion instead. By we, I meant Joy, Nicole and I because Debbie is just too busy writing typing her poems. It was also my first time staying up so late. We watched a movie at 1am and slept at 4-ish am. After the movie the three of them got high and started playing Icon PopQuiz (it's an ipad/andriod app that tests your general knowledge) which further delayed my bedtime. *laughs* I guess that's what sleepovers are about. You don't sleep at sleepovers. Well, you do sleep, but do expect a very long delay. :) 

All in all this week was awesome. But me having monthly tests on the day school starts after Chinese New Year is just plain horrible. Who does this?! But I ain't going to complain so much because complaining ain't doing me any good. However I'm really hoping that there will be a delay. Now that I'm done with my BM essay, I am attacking Biology and History tonight. Wish me luck & keep praying for me! (: 

*P.S. During the sleepover, Nicole had an English essay assignment to write which was entitled 'Hardships'. The title trigged a little part of me to write an essay with the same title and maybe I will. I have a little idea for that title and may publish it up here. #justsoyouknow It may be up once I'm done with my monthly tests. Oh, how I miss writing! 

Until then, keep rocking beautiful peeps! :)
Just a lil' more update to my lil' update:
This is the super duper adorable hamster I'm currently baby sitting. Or shall I say hamster sitting. hah. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment