Thursday, September 05, 2013

Getting fit, again.


Hello again! (:
It's Thursday and I thought about you. So here I am, writing. Recently I found a really great app for picture editing. You may or may not be familiar with this app, but it's called VSCOcam. It's so lovely! I literally fell in love with it straight away.

After much consideration, I decided to put on my green socks and jogging shoes to go for a short run around my neighbourhood. It has at least been a thousand years since I last jog. In fact, I stopped jogging after netball training stopped this year. With the company of Alexia - my classmate slash few doors away neighbour - jogging was so fun this evening! It was the best record I have ever had in all my days of jogging. Oh and it feels so good to be jogging again! Here's a tip, when you want to jog, get a friend. It helps! #truestory

I have to highlight a tiny little unexpected event that took place today. I was all geared up with my green socks and shoes all tied up when it happened. I headed for the gate. My just-a-few-months-old-painted-white gate. I bumped into an uncle and aunty as I made my way out of my house. The aunty was holding onto the uncle's hand as they were walking pass my house. I greeted them with a smile and the aunty was trying to tell me something. When I couldn't understand what the aunty was trying to say, her husband told me that she was telling me how much I have grown. Immediately, I recalled what my mother had told me about this elderly couple. The aunty had suffered from stroke, so that explains her stammering of words. I looked at her and I gave her my best smile. She stopped walking and she asked me another question. "form...form...form.." she asked, and this time, I knew what she was asking, so I replied "form 4". And she goes from "hmm" to "wow''.

That was probably the cutest reaction I've ever seen. It was also the sweetest sight I have encountered. I don't know much about this aunty and uncle; but from what I witnessed, I could sense their love for each other. I was told that the uncle would walk the aunty every day. That is love. Pure, genuine and sincere. Beautiful. I, too, would want to grow old with someone that would walk with me (and our dog) together in the park and watch children giggle with glee. #teehee


Because taking picture of my pretty socks is cool.
till then,
be generous with your smiles! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment