Saturday, November 20, 2010

Best of Both Worlds I

Wednesday, 17th November 2010
Day One - Las Vegas

Hello!
Now, you must be thinking why is this post named 'Best of both worlds'? Well, the idea came from my tour guide. He said, Las Vegas is a city that is 100% man-made. Whereas, Grand Cannon, in Arizona, is 100% natural. Although both of these places are 'made' differently, but they are beautiful in they're own ways; They have their own beauty (Like us, humans) So, I decided to name this post, 'Best of both worlds'.

The whole routine started again, waking up before the sun came up, going to 99 Ranch Market. But instead of getting on a bus, a small car came to pick us up and dropped us at Anaheim to take the big bus to Las Vegas.


Guess what? My mom and I got on the same bus that we took to San Francisco. Bus 128. It's not the same bus, but the number is the same. What a coincidence. Not only that, we have the same 'family number'. Number 20. Family Number? Well, the tour guide is very lazy to pronounce our names, so he gave us a 'family number'. Whenever he calls our number, that means he is calling our 'names'. So yeah, we got back the same family number. Well, it's pretty cool to me :)


Our tour guide was the guy that picked us up from 99 Ranch Market. There were around 50 people on the bus. Again, mostly Asian. I thought I was going to be the youngest one on this trip, but guess what? There were two cute little kids ( I think they're around 3-4 years old ), on the bus. Not from the same family. A girl and a boy. Both super duper cute :)


I took around 5 hours drive to Las Vegas ( I think ). Surprisingly, we checked-in to our hotel around 3p.m. It was my first time checking in to early to a hotel. We took some break after our little tour around the city.


Around 6.30p.m, we had another city tour. But this time was a night tour. We gathered at the tour lobby ( a lobby specially made for tours ). The tour lobby is located behind the hotel. So, instead of entering the hotel from the front, we enter from the back. The 'tour lobby' system is something new for me. Something pretty cool.


Our first stop was at The Miracle Hotel. We were there to enjoy the 'man-made volcano' performance. Quite impressive. Next, we enjoyed the water fountain in Ballagio Hotel. Another impressive performance. Then, we went around the city. The city uses loads of lights. Really really pretty. But I didn't get to enjoy the stars like I could in Irvine.


'We lose our way, get back up again. It's never to late to get back up again'
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment