Saturday, December 07, 2013

Playing Pretend


Hello you! (:

It is indeed a beautiful day. The rain clouds have been holding in. Giving us humans a break from carrying our umbrellas everywhere we go. I must admit, it is one tough work out session to keep that colourful umbrella above your head.

My iTunes is on shuffle currently and something in me sparked. I love moments like these when something in me just ignite unexpectedly. I reckon it's called inspiration. Inspiration, to me, is capricious. It comes in the most random time. And it is up to you to grab it or let it slip.

This time, I have decided to grab it.

And here goes.

"Did the ocean reflect the blue of the vast sky 
or was it the other way round?" 
She often questioned herself. 

Either way, one of them was reflecting the other. 
One of them was trying to be like the other. 

Both may appear to look alike at a glance, 
but one of them was pretending

I was strolling down New Port just two weeks ago. I must say it was probably the most amazing feeling ever. To be able to walk on something so innocent and pure. Now, I'm sitting here in front of my laptop, missing it from a million miles away.

God is love. God is awesome. We all know that. But, we, including myself, often miss it. That is the scariest part. If we fail to really acknowledge this truth, we will sway. We will be giving the world an opportunity to feed our hunger with lies. Dirty, filthy lies.

"I'm never good enough." 

"Why can't I look like that?"

"Why am I here?" 

Knowing something doesn't change anything. We have to believe it. Really believe. God loves you and He is there, waiting, calling, missing you. He loves you, he really does.

It's time to stop playing pretend. Stop sympathizing yourself. Stop seeking pity from people. Stop trying to be someone else. You are beautiful. You are worth it. No one has the right to tell you otherwise. "For man looks at the outward appearance, God looks at the heart" - 1 Samuel 16:7 And that's why I love my God.

He sees past my deadly flaws and He still loves me. I have received endless love. #truestory

There are truths and lies in this unkind world.

Which would you pick?


I'm looking at you. :) Just kidding. It'll be a crime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment