Wednesday, December 05, 2012

When I got attacked

Well, not literally.

The Viral Gastroenteritis Intestinal virus randomly attacked me on Saturday. My immune system came tumbling down like Humpty Dumpty who sat on that brick wall. It has been my most painful 5 days experience of my life. During the span of my recovery, I made a couple of new best friends, really, and I think should be nicer to them once in a while. They are my soap, my toilet bowl, my toilet roll, my toilet seat, my toilet flush...basically, everything that is in the toilet is my best friend. Who said you could only have one best friend aye? hah.

This is embarrassing, but I had to even use my baby potty again just because I can't make it in time to the toilet to let all the stinky stuff out. It's amazing how I could still fit the hole. I was vomiting and peeing poop through my butt countless of times after every hour. I even got so tired of washing my own butt. I thought all this will stop after a while (because I thought I was strong and I could go through all this, but I was so wrong) but it didn't. So after two days, my mother took me to a doctor. But that doctor didn't managed to help me either. I went home still very sick. The next day, which is Tuesday, which is also yesterday, my grandparents heard about me and the drove over. *touched* However, their presence scared me. Not physically but verbally because they went on and on about how serious my sickness could be. That I must be admitted to the hospital (for drips. Because I haven been eating. Everything that enters my mouth comes out instantly through my butt or my mouth again). That I have to drink porridge water (that's the worst part for I never took a liking for porridge). My mother saw me freaked out a little so she came in and decided to take me to see another clinic which in long story short saved my life.

Turns out it wasn't food poisoning (which the whole world thought it was), but a viral attack (the long complex scientific name I used above^). He gave some medicines and it helped a whole lot. But I couldn't escape the drinking of porridge water curse. So I had to. Right now, after 5 days, I'm feeling a whole lot better and I'm sitting here telling you what happened to me.

It's funny how God revealed a little bit of himself to me. In my weakest time, he spoke to me. I've realized how prideful and ignorant I have been. How I have been building invisible barriers around me, protecting myself from the world(when I know I'm suppose to get out of my comfort zone and make friends and be the influencer). How bitter I have been. How I've been shortening devo time. How selfish I've been. How I've changed in a way I didn't want myself to. I hated myself for it but I am thankful that He made me realized that so I have another chance to be a better person to fulfill whatever He has in store for me. Today, with the readers as my witness, I oath to see things the way God see things. If I accomplish that, I believe life would look and feel and taste a whole lot better.

Not only that. There were couple of times where I played some Christian songs to soothe my tummy ache and it worked. The words from the songs came so alive me that it scares me to only realize that the words were there only at that time.

"Our God is healer" - Our God; Chris Tomlin 

"Let now the weak say I have strength by the spirit of God" - Saviour King; Hillsong 

"Jesus, beautiful Saviour" - Beautiful Saviour; Planetshakers

"My Jesus, My Saviour" - Shout to the Lord (my all time favourite Children Church's song)

All these pulled me through all the pain and suffering I was going through. It was also through these songs that I've realized how blessed I am to be here although I'm sick. How blessed am I to have perfectly fine working body limbs. How blessed I am to have a roof above my head without working. How blessed I am to have a God who doesn't count my sins. How blessed I am to have parents who love me and would do anything for me. How blessed I am to have a brother that will scold me whenever I have wrong table manners. How blessed I have to have people to call friends. For all these, I thank you Lord, with all my heart. Sometimes I think God has blessed me too much till I reckon that He should start blessing other people.



"You're rich in love and You're slow to anger.
You're name is great and You're heart is kind. 
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find"
-
1000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) ; Matt Redman 



"Higher than the mountains that I face. 
Stronger than the power of the grave.
Constant through the trial and the change.
One thing remains, 

Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out me."
-
One thing remains; Jesus Culture. 


Don't be as dumb as me. Don't wait for the moment when you're so sick to realize how great, how wonderful, how amazing, how awesome God is. Please, don't. I would not want you to miss out. 

He loves you, He will always be there by your side and He's waiting for you. 

I'm still in one piece, if you were wondering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment