Saturday, August 20, 2011

Royal Rangers


'To reach, to teach and to keep boys and girls for Christ'

Hello! (:
Today's post is going to be a little different. I'll be writing about something that has played a big role in my life; something that has made me who I am today - Royal Rangers. Royal Rangers is a Christian uniform body that was first formed in the US and was brought into Malaysia in the 1980's. Many churches in Malaysia have this wonderful uniform body and some of them are Grace Assembly Klang, Grace Assembly PJ, Calvary, Glad Tidings and many more.

Well, I attend the Grace Assembly PJ's Selangor #7 Royal Rangers Outpost. Selangor #7 was formed in the year 1988 and will be 23 years old in September. I have been in Rangers practically my entire life and Rangers has made me who I am today. I wonder what I'll do without Rangers. Rangers always make my Sundays really pretty.



Adventure Rangers

After being in Rangers for years, I have made it to the Adventure Rangers age group. (In Rangers, we're separated according to our age) Girls and boys aged 12-14 will make up the Adventure Ranger Boys and the Adventure Ranger Girls. Frankly speaking, being in the Adventure Ranger Girls for the past 2.5 years are the best years in my entire Rangers life.

Rangers meetings are always something I look forward to every single week.

Every Rangers meeting starts off with parade. Commanders and rangers will be looking very smart in their uniform during weekly parades. Shinny medals and pretty ribbons are pinned on their uniforms too, making them look even smarter. Not to mention the cool camp and training camp patches that are sewed on their uniform to mark their milestones. When we have extra time, some patrols will have the honour to present their song and yell in front of everybody. Looking at the super adorable younger rangers and of course the older rangers presenting their song and yell with full confidence and energy brightens the entire parade; this is what I enjoy most about parades.

When the senior guide dismisses us, we will enter our respective rooms and carry on with our Rangers meeting. For my group, the Adventure Ranger Girls, we will continue the meeting with Girls Talk. This is time when we get to discuss and talk about our opinions and views according to the topic given by the commander. After all the discussion, commanders will start helping us with our merits. The commanders will guide us through the merits by explaining the questions and giving us some tips on how to answer the questions.

We will then have a time for bible study. A commander will lead us in bible study and through this we get to know the Word of God more. We will also discuss and question one another about the Word whenever we do not understand them. This has greatly helped me to understand the Word deeper. We always end the Rangers meeting with either an indoor game or outdoor game. Through this, we get to work out a little and of course have fun.

Rangers organizes many camps for us, rangers, to participate and enjoy. Through camps, we always return home stronger for Rangers camps are not very luxurious. We don't camp/sleep in hotels or resorts. We usually spend a few nights sleeping in tents under the beautiful open sky in jungly areas. We get to have the opportunity to bond with nature. (That's the best part!) We gather all our camping skills and use them in camps. We have to build our own fire and cook our own food too. Even though we might stink and might share a tent with 2 other rangers, we still have an extremely great time at camps.

I reckon that the best part of Rangers meetings is the part when we get to bond and mix with one another more. We laugh, we care, we love, we share and we have a great time during Rangers weekly meetings; we are like one big happy family. I meet many school friends every single day but I reckon that the bond I have with my fellow rangers, people that I meet weekly, are much stronger than the bond I have with friends in school. I'm really grateful to have them as my friend.

I thank God for the Royal Rangers ministry and I pray that the Royal Rangers ministry will keep growing and keep transforming young teens' lives like mine for the better.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment