Monday, February 21, 2011

How could I live without you ?



How could I live without You?


Hello Hello! (:
It's been a week since I've last update my blog. How yal doing? (: Just got back from Gadget Camp 2011! *applause* Camp was great, as usual; Tiring, as usual; and Fun, as usual! (: hahas. All because I was lazy to put on some sunblock lotion, I look like a pink salmon since I got back from camp. Sunburns all over :( It hurts too.

We left chuch on Friday, 18th February, to Broga. Somewhere in Hulu Yam, I think. It was a very beautiful campsite. It was my second time there. The first time I was in Broga, our campsite flooded due to a heavy storm. I still remember my friends and I were packing our stuff and getting out of the campsite in the middle of the night. All our stuff were floating. Well, thank God, God hold the rain throughout the entire camp and let the rain pour right after we left. And thank God, there was no flood (:

We, campers, put our camping skills to test. We, the Adventure Girls, were given a huge task to accomplish before Gadget Camp 2011 ends. Whats that huge task you may ask? We put our Lashing Skills to test. We were supposed to build a doorway. Not just any doorway ( you know all those 5 stars hotel? They have a very special and cool doorway? The one that you have to push yourself through, with all your might, to enter. It goes in a circle ) < Yup, that doorway. I hope you get what I mean. So yeah, We were supposed to build that. And guess what? With all our team effort, we succeeded! Praise the Lord. We were pulling the rope with all out might, so that our lashing will be strong enough to hold the entire doorway for 6 months. I really do hope it would last. Our hands were aching after everything.

Cooking. Yes, we had to build our very own fire and cook our very own food. We were separated into 8 groups. For my team, we let the boys take care of the fire and us, girls, take care of the cooking. We had chicken curry for lunch on the first day; egg omelet with long beans (and leftover chicken curry) for dinner; and bee hoon for lunch before we left for home.

Tents. I was separated from Joy and Debbie. My sleeping mates were Sarah, Hannah (she came back from Bangkok for this camp!) and Sasha. Surprisingly, I managed to sleep. Usually in camps, I can't get myself to sleep. But this time, I slept soundly. (: Praise the Lord! (:

Home sweet home.
I have very sensitive skin. I got rashes all over my lower left leg. I had to go to the clinic and thank God it was nothing serious (Y). Slept and 10.30 (earliest ever) and I didn't move a bit when I was sleeping. (:

*Aishiteru ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment