Saturday, December 18, 2010

A journey to Raub, Pahang : )

Hello! :) Teeehee :)
It's down to single digits! 6 Days to CHRISTMAS! :)

Today, I got to lay in bed til 11, then got up and off to church. Once I reached church, almost everyone was at the steps chit-chating. Everyone, The King & I cast: Belinda, Ann, Alyssa, Natalie, Venora, Charissa, Jonathan, Daniel, Christopher, Ian, Shawn, Shaina, Debbie, Diane and I, etc. :) We're all heading to a Orang Asli place in Raub,Pahang. I'm not really in the King & I cast. I'm just narating for this mission trip in BM. :) It was quite a challenge for me to narrate in BM, for I don't often speak in BM. :) Well, thank God, I've got a great partner, Shaina. :)

There we're 22 of us, but only a van and a car. So, 13 of us stuffed ourselves in the van, and the smaller kids went into the car. I was in the van! :) We talked all the way to Raub. We had snacks too, thanks to Belinda and Ann. They are such great mothers :)

When we reached, I saw so many Orang Asli kids playing in the tiny playground, enjoying themselves and they are so cute! Many people were sitting around talking to one another. The head of the Orang Asli (if I'm not mistaken) gave us a little tour around the Orang Asli place. There's a pool, and many Orang Asli kids were swimming and playing with one another in the pool. And again, they're SO CUTE! They have a library there too. Small but really cozy. Somehow, that library seems nicer than my school's library.

After the little tour, we were free to do anything. So, we decided to go to the tiny playground and make some new friends! At first, most of the kids were avoiding me (must be my pimples) :). I slowly approached them, and they started talking to me :) I was quite nervous to talk to them, for my BM sucks. But I guess they didn't mind. Orang Asli kids are really good with monkey bars. They made it seem so easy to do it, but it's not (well, for me, it's not). :) I cannot do monkey bars! :) There, I admit it :)

Time flies so so so fast when you're making friends. Soon, it was time to get ready and perform. The actors and actresses put on their costumes and went up on stage and got ready. I don't have a costume, so I just stood there and go through my lines for the last time. I was freaking out. I was shivering. Cmdr Teressa gave Shaina and I the que and we got on stage and started narrating. My legs were shivering ALL THE WAY! :) But, I'm glad that everything went smoothly and that everything is OVER! :)

The ride home was CRAZY! I thought we might get some sleep, but NOOO, everyone went hyper and crazy in the van. Oh well :) I had a really great time with everyone. It was a really great experience! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment