Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Talents :)


.Talents.

Last Sunday, Cmdr Debbie talked about Talents. It's so amazing to hear the story that she told us. What surprised me was, the girl would do anything in order to achieve her dreams/goals.

She also shared 'The parable of the talents'. God gave 3 person, P1, P2 & P3. God gave P1 10 talents; God gave P2 5 talents and God gave P3 1 talent. P1 used his talents wisely and ended up double than what he had; so did P2. P3 was afraid of using his talent because he only had 1 talent. What is this parable trying to tell us? Well, we have to use our talents wisely. We cannot be afraid and just put our talents aside. They will go to waste. So why not use them? God has planted talents in us. No matter how many talent/talents you have, USE them :) Cmdr Debbie ended the sharing with a question, What's your talent?

This afternoon, during recess meeting (organized by the Christian Fellowship), the speaker talked about Talents too. WOW! It's like God is trying to tell me something, what is it? The speaker was a Form 6 student. He shared about Joseph's life. Many things happened to Joseph, but in every situation he faces, his talent shines. And he was faithful to his talents, as in he didn't give up on his talents. He also ended the sharing with a question, What's your talent? Do you know what's your talent?

Frankly speaking, I don't know what's my talent. I like doing many things and almost everything. I enjoy doing everything, but I don't know what I'm good at. Lately, many questions popped up in my head, such as 'What do you want to be?' 'What do you want to do?' (Same meaning =P ) Yeah, but seriously, 'What do I want to be?' I'm like a lost sheep. I don't know which road to pick. I know I'm still young, but will it hurt to think further? I want to set a long-term goal, focus on that goal and run towards it. But the problem is, I can't decide what field should I go into. :P And at the same time, I want the Lord to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment